Fr. Barron’s “CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization” Giveaway!
“Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others.” – St. Augustine
Since I’ve built up a large collection of extra books and resources, every week I give some away absolutely free, no strings attached.
Each giveaway lasts seven days with a new one beginning every Friday. You can enter any time during the week. Check out my past giveaways here.
(If you can’t see the video, click here.)
Today, I’m thrilled to announce the largest giveaway we’ve ever done here—over $500 worth of materials! Thanks to the extreme generosity of Word on Fire, I have FIVE copies of Fr. Robert Barron’s new film and study program, CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization, to giveaway.
FIVE winners will each receive the Study Program Leader’s Kit, which includes:
- CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization DVD set – This four-disc set includes the 90-minute documentary film and tons of bonus video.
- Study Program Leader’s Guide – Composed by yours truly, under the direction of Fr. Barron and Fr. Steve Grunow, the study program can be presented in six sessions (90 minutes each). Each DVD segment is 15-30 minutes long, leaving around sixty minutes for small group discussion. The Leader’s Study Guide includes answers to the question in the Participant’s Guide.
- Participant’s Study Guide – Includes background, notes, discussion questions, and book recommendations for CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization. In addition to the five modules associated with the film, the study program also includes a sixth workshop-style session that guides participants in developing their own new evangelization action plan, either as individuals or as a Catholic group/parish. This section is based on selected clips from the interviews conducted for the series.
- 40 Prayer Cards – Containing prayers for the New Evangelization, can be passed out for promotional hand-outs or used during the study program.
- Special 15% discount on additional DVD box sets – So when you run your own study program, each member of the group can purchase their own DVD set for their home library or as a gift.
by Fr. Robert Barron
Word on Fire, DVD, four-discs
Released on September 10, 2013
CATHOLICISM taught us what the Church believes and why. Now CATHOLICISM: The New Evangelization shows us how to put our Faith into action in today’s increasingly secular world. The film is now available for pre-order for $59.95, or $99.95 for the Study Leader’s Kit.
You’ll follow Fr. Barron around the world to Australia, England, and around the U.S. to examine the Church’s mission within the challenges of Western secular culture. This 90-minute film first tells us what the “New Evangelization” is, and then takes us on a fascinating tour to witness examples of new ardor, new expressions, and new methods of evangelization in action.
The DVD set also includes four hours of extra features, including two Fr. Barron speeches, as well as full interviews and insights on the New Evangelization with George Weigel, Ross Douthat, Brad Gregory, and Brandon Vogt.
by Brandon Vogt
Word on Fire, spiral-bound paperback with tabs
Released on September 10, 2013
The study program includes a Participant’s Study Guide and the Leader’s Guide. Both contain six lessons, questions, book recommendations, and a glossary, while the Leader’s Guide also features a comprehensive answer key and tips on facilitating your group. Here are brief descriptions of each lesson in the study program:
Lesson One: “Introduction”
“What is the New Evangelization?”, “Why is it worthwhile?”, and “How does one do it?” Father Barron explains how the concept of a “new” evangelization began to take shape in the second Vatican Council.
Lesson Two: “New Ardor”
New enthusiasm, new energy and renewal from Holy Spirit constitute “new ardor.” Fr. Barron takes us behind the scenes at World Youth Day and shows us other energetic examples of new ardor. The deepest source of Christian ardor is the reality of the resurrection, which fuels us to actively reach out in love to others with the “Good News.”
Lesson Three: “New Expressions—Part I
Lesson Four: “New Expressions—Part II
It’s not an expression of a different truth, but the same truth proclaimed and lived by Christ, that we have to express in a different cultural setting. Fr. Barron explains why secularism is on the rise: Confusion about who and what God is; Trying to fill human longing for God with the temporal and materials things of this world; and Relativism that purports that there is no objective truth.
Lesson Five: “New Methods”
Fr. Barron calls for “using the means and methods of our time to evangelize.” In today’s culture the Internet and social media plays a huge role. Fr. Barron encourages us all to use these new methods for the Lord. We all can give testimony to Christ by the methods we use to communicate and by how we live each day.
Lesson Six: “Faith in Action”
The New Evangelization Formation Program includes a sixth workshop-style session that guides participants in developing their own new evangelization action plan, either as individuals or as a Catholic group/parish. This section is based on selected clips from the interviews conducted for the series.
Check out these two preview clips below:
I’m using Rafflecopter to help with the giveaway, which is great because it gives you multiple entries for commenting, posting on Facebook, sharing on Twitter, etc. Click below to enter:
Note: By entering this week’s giveaway, you’ll also receive free email updates from Fr. Barron about his latest work. You can unsubscribe from these at any time.
(If you’re reading this through email or RSS and don’t see the giveaway widget, click here.)
The winner(s) will be randomly selected next Friday and the books will be sent out, free of charge, shortly thereafter.
(Since I’m covering the shipping costs, only residents within the continental United States are eligible to win.)