“Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others.” – St. Augustine
Since I’ve built up a large collection of extra books and resources, every week I give some away absolutely free, no strings attached.
Each giveaway lasts seven days with a new one beginning every Friday. You can enter any time during the week. Check out past giveaways here.
This week’s giveaway is sponsored by Our Sunday Visitor, the country’s largest Catholic publisher. This year they’re celebrating their hundredth anniversary and few groups have impacted the American Church more in that span.
Their publishing division produces six periodicals, which include: Our Sunday Visitor Newsweekly, Take Out: Family Faith on the Go, The Catholic Answer, The Priest, My Daily Visitor, and Grace In Action. In addition, Our Sunday Visitor publishes and markets over 500 products including books, CDs, software, and education materials.
They’re also very savvy with new media (no surprise since they published my own Church and New Media book.) They offer Catholic mobile apps, beautiful websites for parishes, and are very active through social media.
For this week’s giveaway, Our Sunday Visitor donated eleven of their newest books! Here’s a list of what the winner will receive:
- Bible Top Tens: 40 Fun and Intriguing Lists to Inspire and Inform by Mary Elizabeth Sperry
- Champion of the Church: The Extraordinary Life & Legacy of Archbishop Noll by Ann Ball
- Engaging a New Generation: A Vision for Reaching Catholic Teens by Frank Mercadante
- Faith at Work: Finding Purpose Beyond the Paycheck by Kevin Lowry
- Gateways to God: Celebrating the Sacraments by Fr. Robert Hater
- Patron Saints by Thomas J. Craughwell
- Style, Sex, and Substance: 10 Catholic Women Consider the Things that Really Matter by Hallie Lord
- The Heart of Catholic Prayer: Rediscovering the Our Father and the Hail Mary by Mark Shea
- The Temperament God Gave Your Kids: Motivate, Discipline, and Love Your Children by Art and Laraine Bennett
- The Word of the Lord: 7 Essential Principles for Catholic Scripture Study by Stephen C. Smith
- The Year of Faith: A Bible Study Guide for Catholics by Fr. Mitch Pacwa, SJ
I’m using Rafflecopter to help with the giveaway, which is cool because it allows you to gain multiple entries by commenting, posting on Facebook, sharing on Twitter, etc. Click below to enter:
(If you’re reading this through email or RSS and don’t see the giveaway widget, click here.)
The drawing is now closed. Congratulations to Jill L. for winning this week! Check your e-mail for instructions on receiving the books. If you don’t see an e-mail from me, check your spam box—apparently e-mails with “giveaway” in the title are prone to end up there.
In the future I’ll be giving away more books and resources, sometimes multiple items per giveaway! So subscribe via feed reader or email to ensure you never miss your chance to win.