5 Reasons to Join Me for the G.K. Chesterton Conference
I wanted to tell you about a super fun conference I’m helping to host down here in Orlando this summer….and I really hope you can attend!
It’s the 37th Annual G.K. Chesterton Conference.
The theme is “The Test of the Imagination” and it will take place from August 2-4, 2018 at the DoubleTree Orlando Airport hotel.
I’m pretty familiar with Catholic conferences. I travel the country every year, speaking at several and attending many more.
So trust me when I say this: this annual Chesterton conference is the BEST Catholic conference I go to each year.
Whether you’ve never read Chesterton, or love him enough to name your sixth child after him (ahem, ahem….) this conference offers more intellectual stimulation, spiritual edification, and joyful fellowship than any conference around.
It’s my absolute FAVORITE conference of the year… and it’s even better when it’s held in my hometown!
Here are 5 reasons you should come join me and hundreds of others at the conference:
- I’ll be there! – I’d love to meet you and hangout, especially if we’ve never met before. I’ll be there for the entire conference and would love to spend time with you.
- Amazing talks – Speakers from four continents will give talks on topics such as “Chesterton and Mary Poppins” and “Chesterton and Walt Disney.” Plus I’ll be giving a talk on “Chesterton and the Internet”! So if you’re curious what GKC would think about Facebook, Amazon, comboxes, and more, find out at the conference!
- Special C.S. Lewis + J.R.R. Tolkien play – Gifted actors Kevin O’Brien and Dave Treadway will reenact a discussion between Lewis and Tolkien about Chesterton’s Everlasting Man, a book that significantly influenced them both. You don’t want to miss this!
- The Afterglows – For many people, this is the best part of the Chesterton conferences. Each evening, after all the talks and panels, we all gather outside for pipes, drinks, cigars, laughs, and tons of good conversations (often around roaring fires.) These evening hangouts are so much fun.
- Orlando (enough said!) – Come to the always warm, always fun, tourist capital of the world! You might even consider bringing your family so the trip can double as a family vacation, stopping at Disney and Universal Studios while you’re in town.
Again, I really believe this is the BEST conference of the year, especially if you’re at all a fan of G.K. Chesterton or the writers he inspired, such as C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien.
Click here to learn more, including the full schedule and list of speakers:
Hope to see you there!