“Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others.” – St. Augustine
Since I’ve built up a large collection of extra books and resources, every week I give some away absolutely free, no strings attached.
Each giveaway lasts seven days with a new one beginning every Friday. You can enter any time during the week. Check out my past giveaways here.
Thanks to the good folks at Our Sunday Visitor, I’m giving away TEN copies of a helpful new book, Transforming Parish Communications:
Transforming Parish Communications: Growing the Church Through New Media
by Scot Landry
Our Sunday Visitor, 196 pages, paperback
Released on August 28, 2014
“Are we still a Church capable of warming hearts? A Church capable of leading people back to Jerusalem? Of bringing them home?” – Pope Francis, Meeting with the Bishops of Brazil, 28 July 2013.
Pope Francis, like his predecessors Benedict XVI and John Paul II, is calling for Catholics to embrace the new evangelization. But there has been ongoing confusion about who is responsible, what it really means and what it looks like in practical application. How can we respond to the Holy Father’s call, creating evangelization opportunities that help bring people back to the Church?
By transforming Catholics into digital missionaries – ready and able to take the joy and warmth of the Gospel online via social media to infrequent, inactive, or ex-Catholics around the corner or across the globe.
1. Nearly every “lost” Catholic in the U.S. is most likely connected with at least one engaged Catholic – or is one “retweet” or “like” away from them
2. On the whole, Catholics have not been taught to see social media as a way to live out their faith
3. Motivating parishes to put a priority on evangelization has been a challenge
4. Catholics are more likely to be comfortable as digital missionaries than to participate in other forms of evangelization
5. Parishes can offer “digital missionary training” to parishioners – who would welcome it!
In Transforming Parish Communications: Growing the Church Through New Media, you’ll discover:
- How to embrace the Church’s vision of evangelization in new media
- How entire parishes can become hubs of digital evangelization – and how to overcome obstacles
- Specific strategies for implementation
- How to create a consistent digital identity online
- Best practices for parish websites
- The nuts and bolts of Facebook, Twitter, email, blogging and more
Consider this book your entry into an important – and urgent – call to each of us as Catholics. To bring the warmth of the Gospel to the “lost” and bring them back to the Church.
Visit the companion site for more ParishGuideToNewMedia.com.
I’m using Rafflecopter to help with the giveaway, which is cool because it allows you multiple entries for commenting, posting on Facebook, sharing on Twitter, etc. Click below to enter:
(If you’re reading this through email or RSS and don’t see the giveaway widget, click here.)
By entering this giveaway you agree to occasionally receive email updates from me—no spam, just updates about new blog posts, giveaways, and books.
The winner(s) will be randomly selected next Friday and the books will be sent out, free of charge, shortly thereafter.
In the future I’ll be giving away more books and resources, sometimes multiple items per giveaway! So subscribe via feed reader or email to ensure you never miss your chance to win.
(Since I’m covering the shipping costs, only residents within the continental United States are eligible to win.)