Today I’m excited to interview Fr. Mike Schmitz, one of today’s most popular and effective evangelists, especially among young people. He’s the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry for the Diocese of Duluth, MN. He also serves as the chaplain for the Newman Catholic Campus Ministry at the University of Minnesota-Duluth.
He’s a popular speaker at Catholic conferences and you probably know him from his Ascension Presents videos or his many talks and CDs.
He just released a new book, titled Made for Love: Same-Sex Attraction and the Catholic Church, released through Ignatius Press and the Augustine Institute.
- 1:38 – Why did you write this book? Why this subject?
- 5:14 – How same-sex attraction can become an evangelical obstacle
- 8:27 – Why is the question “what are you going to do now?” so important for same-sex attracted Catholics
- 12:03 – How should we respond to accusations that the Church hates gay people or wishes they didn’t exist?
- 17:14 – What do you say to a loved one who comes out as gay or lesbian?
- 21:52 – How to respond when someone claims you have to accept their homosexual identity or else you don’t love them
- 25:42 – Separating our attractions from our identity
- 28:16 – Didn’t Pope Francis say “who am I to judge?” and didn’t Jesus say not to judge?
- 31:07 – If you have 2-3 minutes to talk with a same-sex attracted person, what should you say?
Be sure to pick up your copy of Made for Love: Same-Sex Attraction and the Catholic Church!